Help YOUR #1 Pagan community grow.

Import Contacts
Sorry you finished your invitation limit.
Kat Me

whats going on with paganspace..what happened to everything that I did with my profile, groups, friends etc not even two weeks ago?

Last update on December 11, 9:11 am by Kat Me.
Like (1)

We moved to a new platform because we outgrew wordpress. This one can handle many more users online at once without breaking core files during updates, and so that security feature alone is why we had to make the switch. I'm sorry if this caused you any problems, we've got a custom freelance developer hired working on porting over all the data but it takes time and money which we've got so please be patient and we're sorry that we chose such a rudementary platform to start with. Independence is key, but so is unity, and to do both, my expertise were called in to assist with choosing the right option for us which I gladly participated in so we could thrive together. Right now we're using PHPFox and it has a proven track record of hundreds of thousands of users on sites using it, which is where we were with Ning before they decided to play micromanagement games with hosting Pagan Space. So, we're currently trying to export old site data as well over here, to make our community alive once more. Which is why we decided to move, as it is a process to be able to feel like we're truly a community collective in self ownership of equal standing with one another as a place of spiritual growth, homely diversity and a sense of belonging. During our journey moving away from that platform, we've recently outgrOWN GoDaddy web hosting, so we switched to HostIso and we're on a dedicated server. We're currently paying hundreds a month for this setup, but it is needed because of the infrastructure needed to pull off a community setting like the one we had before for a lot less on a cloud service. This way we have more control and can give more to the community because we're creating the ability to do just that, with customization that's been recently made available to us. That's why it is taking longer than usual to setup. I'm a tech advisor here presently so if any major problems happen with the site, I'm usually here to fix things or pass the problem on to the main community managers Mat and Chandler. I do a little development work and research as well, so we're working with several experts in different fields to make this work and feel more professional. Which we thought we were getting before, but we were given the run around, so it's from the ground up this time. In my opinion, due to its ability to hold itself up very well cross server and domain migrations and the ability to easily update or add sections as needed without breaking, PHPFox is here to stay as our community platform and mobile apps are on the way. Things aren't perfect yet, but will be improving because I'm a part of the team that has given over the technical means and the license holding rights to make it happen. Thanks for your interest in the site so far, I am happy to help you if you have any questions.

Last update on December 12, 10:25 pm by Elshara - Community Admin.
Like (9)
Davisa Golding

I do like how it is right now. I can access discussion threads for my group. That was lacking in our last group.  

Like (1)
Love (1)
MistressPrime .

Wordpress can definitely handle high traffic and large communities so I fear if you and the other site creators believe that then none of you really understood WordPress at all. The fact you were on a GoDaddy shared server, however... that definitely can be an issue. GoDaddy runs older PHP versions and limits file access speeds and MySQL settings. Seriously though, a shared server for this project?

As for the current membership, I have concerns there. I've already documented about 90 fake profiles created to promote spam, as it turns out, for a UK Vape site. Beyond that, having been over the membership listings it looks like there are hundreds of empty fake accounts. No real clue why they were created. They're mingled in with legit accounts that are empty because of the site change, but if you look you can see a blatant pattern of fake accounts.

All that aside, I do like the general look of the current site much better than the previous version, but there are a few UX issues I don't fully understand yet. 

Like (4)
A Nayan Hamill

How does one put items for sale up on the Marketplace section?  Thanks.

Be the first person to like this.
Rowan Morgan

Can the site creators state definitively whether this site has found a new stable home now or if it's likely that there will be more upheavals and additional possible site moves? I've kind of just been watching and waiting since it seems like the site has moved three times since it left Ning, and I'd rather not post anything until things are settled if there's a chance that it will all just end up deleted.

I will say that I like this version much better than the first new PaganSpace. It might not be as pretty, but at least I'm not having any difficulty reading things due to the color scheme and this site does seem to have better privacy options. I do wish that there was more ability to customize the look of our profiles beyond picking an avatar and cover image like we could do on Ning, but at least with a more simplistic site color scheme, I know that the appearance of my cover image is much less likely to clash with it than it did with the first new site.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Like (1)
Rowan Morgan

Oh, one other thing. With the wordpress version I think it was, we had the ability to set a custom url for our profiles. With this current version it's reverted to just a profile number with no way I can find to set it back to the custom url I had before. We can set a custom url for any pages we create on here, so would it be possible to get that same functionality back for profiles?

Like (2)

I'm not really sure where else to ask this, but I'm having PW issues, I'm able to use the email login with no PW, but when I tell it forgot PW it's not sending me an email to reset. Any help for this?

Thanks, 

Michele

Here's an update on the site for you. As you know, our mobile apps have now been officially released. We have moved to TMD Hosting. We have expanded more staff, Ky, Amanda and myself. Our site activity has trippled. We are interested in crowd funding projects so we may give bak to the comunity in real life. An email will be generated soon inviting the entire site to participate in the platform as we're out of beta development state now and are live as live can be. We successfully have the old data from the old site saved and are working on funding a means for a developer to install it directly. I'll try and answer some of your questions I se you have posted about here to date. Please remember to tag us in a comment or post if it is one where you need staff to take a peak at the problem in question for future reference. To do so, place a @ sign in front of the username you see when you view the profile URL of a person in a post. We are working on a way to customize this URL to anything you want. All email notification problems should be fixed, so if you have to reset yor password, you have that capability.

Like (2)
Love (1)
Rowan Morgan

@Elshara - Community Admin

I posted about this in the shoutbox but maybe this is a better place. The layout of the site was fine before, but it's been recently updated and there's too much space in the side margins causing the center column to become extremely squished and claustrophobic on my screen, making it very difficult to read content. In the forum section in particular nearly the entire post title is cut off.

I'm using windows 10 and this problem is present regardless if I'm using Chrome or Firefox. The central content column was fine width-wise for me before this recent update.

Jennifer

Please add a notification slider for group invites when you all are able. I'm getting a lot of them, and I don't need that emailed to me. Thanks!

Debra Witdove Smith

I have a few questions and not sure where to ask... How do I make photo albums, would like in groups & discussions if possible. will there be a topics available to help with navigation? Also is it possible to have comments show as newest first especially in group/discussions?

Do we have a limit on friends or posts? 

I just dont see a FAQ page for info.

Thanks

Like (1)
Rowan Morgan

If possible, can we get a lot more control over what's posted to our profile feeds? For example, I would prefer it if there wasn't a post on my feed every time I update my profile photo or banner image. I understand that some might like that to happen on their feeds, but to me it feels unnecessary. It could be extremely annoying if you're experimenting with a new look and might upload multiple different images. I also don't want/need posts on my feed when I update my profile, or post/reply on forums/groups.

Basically, I would prefer that nothing show up automatically on my feed and that only things I've manually posted or shared show up there. Granted that means nothing as of now since I've mostly just been watching how this site develops, but I'd like to start properly using this site very soon.

Last update on February 2, 3:30 am by Rowan Morgan.
Sojahu BaVitki
Can we expect updates to the app anytime soon?
Anything members can do to make it better?
For instance, fixing comment and message errors that are soo aggravating it makes one want to uninstall it altogether.
Or when you select images to upload in a numbered order, but they upload scrambled anyways?
Just a few major bugs ive noticed, also when you delete an image it only deletes it in your feed, and keeps it stored on the site so other memebers still like and comment...
Like (2)
Peter Gore Seer

Peter Gore Seer,

Bugs And Viruses Are A Fact In Life, Remove Them And Your Deleting Ons Self, Delete  Is Tempary, Ask Any Pagan, Delete, Gives You New Life, Its The Bugs And Virus Which Tells Us We Are Here In The Now, Ready To Move To The Next Level.

Like (1)