Help YOUR #1 Pagan community grow.

Import Contacts
Sorry you finished your invitation limit.
First off I am not attacking anyone just sharing observations through out the years I have been a Neopagan. I am not calling anyone out or whatever. I know people may not like what I write. If you feel threatened then you may need to evaluate yourself as I do. I have been practicing Neopaganism for over ten years now, reaching second degree in Alexandrian Wicca/Witchcraft. Through out the years I have also practice ceremonial magick, Druidism, Asatru/Heathenry, forms of Voodoo and other paths that I would normally not practice if stayed with the religion I was born in. Now in my earlier years in the Alexandrian (Lexi) path my High priestess and former High priest had instilled in me on how to interact with others in the community and the responsibility of the Priesthood. Now I already know how I should treat others in any day interaction and in religious services. What I have learn in Neopaganism I think goes a bit further. When you continue to practice for years you kinda become a beacon for people who are new to Neopaganism. So you kinda set the standards. Especially goes when you are in a tradition and have extra standards on behavioral. Now when you are on your own its fine. you don’t have that much responsibility only yourself. But when you have someone teaching under you, then you’re responsible to them as well as yourself. You are responsible for their training, their growth, and their mental state. They are trusting you to treat them with respect. I have herd some things that have made me really mad and disgusted that no one should have gone through. Violating your student both physically and mentally using them for your own personal agenda is terrible. Doing that to anyone in the community or the group you’re in is terrible as well. In my opinion people who do that should be excommunicated from the community, the group your in and if legal actions is needed then take them. This does not put Neopaganism, the tradition you are in, or the community in good light when people outside of Neopaganism is already judging you before they talk to people who practice. As a man in Neopaganism this makes me especially frustrated. I was taught to treat everyone with respect as you would want and treat women equally. Women are just as strong mentally and physically as a man is, but this does not mean that men should be acting disrespectful to women. In fact some traditions are matriarchy. I am not saying that I am perfect, but I try my hardest to do my best so I’m not ruining someones experience, turning them away. So please their are men in the community who takes it very seriously and who treat you with dignity and respect. If you are new and curious to finding a group or just looking for a group, here is a website to help you out while looking.https://culteducation.com/warningsigns.html. BLESSED BE
Sam Herren
.Posted in Standards in Neopagan Communitys
Agreed.  Though I've made terrible mistakes in my younger years, now approaching 50, I hope I am wiser and calmer, and while I am sure I will still make mistakes, my hope is that they are entirely different ones, and less severe!!  haha! but your post made me thing of another, similar issue, rarely discussed in pagan groups that I've been a part of...   treating your guests (especially other traditions or even Christians) with welcome and respect.   When I was dating my wife, I took her to a kindred gathering (Asatru) and she was pretty obviously not your typical pagan.  My wife was head cheerleder, gymnast, prom-queen, good Christian woman (or so she thought).  She wasn't into "fringe" religions or used to non-mainstream things.  She was out of her comfort zone attending this meeting.  When dating her, I realized pretty quick that she had a Heathen soul.  she realized it too, pretty quickly.  She would have probably been Heathen all her life, if she had ever heard of it, or had any clue that it meant anything other than her granny calling rowdy kids "little heathens."   My point is this... At that first kindred meeting she was very turned off to Asatru.  The people there gave her space, realizing (maybe by the cross on her neck, maybe by her being uncomfortable and nervous) that she wasn't fully into this.  And by space, I'm being kind.. she was ignored and had no one to really talk to and did not feel welcome.   That's LONG in the past, and over and done with.. The reason I share this story is a reminder to me and a warning to others.  Let's remember to welcome our guests, no matter what path they are on, make them feel appreciated and comfortable.  NO pressure on them, of course, but strive to make them know you're glad they're there.  Who knows what the future holds and that guest may just one day become a Gydhja on the very same path.  This holds true for any kind of visitors to your group. Talking about Standards in the Neopagan community, I think making guests feel at ease and welcome ("Hospitality") should be an intrinsic part of those standards. Cheers! Vithar, the Houston Heathen
Amber Fry
.Posted in Standards in Neopagan Communitys
I agree with most of what you poasted, to a point. I mean if you think about it even solitary practitioners are looked at for support when a new person comes in looking for guidance. I've never been in a coven so I cant really speak for that, but as an individual who's been studying and pacticing varous things for near thirty years now, I've had a fair share of seekers looking for a guide or mentor. A few too many wild solitaries and you have a lot of misguided newbies not knowing that though there isn't a speciifc code of conduct, people are still watching them as well. If they wish to be taken seriously, learning to interact is still important for them as well. Outsiders and other newbies are watching... in fact often more than they are the elders and coven members simply for being new to the fold and solitary to bootl.
Marcus Vedius Germanicus
.Posted in Politics
According to the article on Wild Hunt, wasn't there supposed to be a place here on the forums for politics, to kep it away from the rest of the discussion here?
Ramle Iron Heart
.Posted in Politics
My beef is why did we lose everything we had before? We can't foget the past on this site. Thyat is exactly what we have done. The past does not carry over to the present. I had a past here and it's gone, it's a past I don't want, but it was my past, it was who I am on here.
.Posted in Politics
We have rebuilt our comnunity from scratch since the time that article came out.We will add a section for politics if you wish there to be one, no problem.
Albert Feyen
.Posted in Politics
I agree.  Many such sites tend to exclude politics because of it's argumentative nature, but I feel politics is part of life and should be part of any such site.  I have found that many people believe all pagan hold the same political leanings.  This is not true.  Also one could be conservative but still, believe in a woman's right to chose. One can believe it religious freedom but still, belive the violent nature of some religions need to be addressed and curtailed.   Oh, and if you are hoping for a political forum, I think you just started it.  Let's talk.
hayngman
.Posted in Politics
Yes, as pagans we may fall anywhere in the political spectrum. As an American (since we have members from all over the globe) I am a right-leaning Libertarian. In my younger days, I was much more liberal. However, IMO, my ideals back then were too naive (for me). Life experiences have given me new perspectives, maturity came with a dose of realism rather than idealism. All that being said, I absolutely abhor the American two-party system. The media and our politicians would have you believe that everyone is polarized - why not, THEY are. In the Information Age, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an objective, unbiased source of political information. Therefore, the best bet is to get it from multiple sources and reach your own conclusions. Once one is able to see past their agendas, then you can see the big picture. Now, don't expect me to say anything about our POTUS yet... someone else can break THAT ice...
Kae
.Posted in Politics
the two-party system is so weird... like a football rivalry
Teresa Herren
.Posted in Politics
Yes plese i need some folks to talk politics at 6 am while i smoke my morning joint. 
Peter Gore Seer
.Posted in Politics
Peter Gore Seer,  Politics  Is A Pendulum It Swing The Lead.   
I guess the first topic I would like to discuss that isn't already overly discussed in other groups would be the use of Pendulums. As anyone who has crafted and used their own pendulums can attest, they develop their own energy and life almost as soon as they are made. [If its not calling you to the pieces and instructing you how to "build its body" even before its made.] Pendulums bond and grow with their "user" and can even work magick separately from our own depending on the quality of energy and relationship. Normally it rests around my neck like any other necklace, only taking it off when it resonates me to dowse or scry. (or while making whoopie though i may have it clasped in hand to feed it and share some Love, + it tends to amplify the tantric energy lol) I have a custom scrying board, but i plan to take my next one a step further than the last, which already included a standard Ouija format, scrying cross-wheel, Futhark, & Enochian alphabets, as well as a sigil wheel with my own magickal alphabet. The next one i make will have a lat.-long. Grid for scrying and remote viewing aide, and a diagram of the energy body according to my own model, for diagnostics of energetic illnesses and/or checking for any abnormalities. Looking for others who use this working tool/companion to gather a collective feedback, and see if anyone has any board mod ideas or unique practices using pendulums they would like to share. Feel free to share any experiences or experiments here!! Much love everyone and thanks for reading, will be back later with more....
I use pendulums in the field from time to time, and I can attest that they do indeed seem to come alive immediately. To the point where I tend to use non special things to do it. Rods seem to take well to being used in such a way, to the point that I often imagine a red rod in my hand to determine direction. As a side note, bamboo works well too if you "listen" to it while dowsing. My favorite though is my bag of runes. My tendencey is let it hang from the strings and to let it move of it's own accord.
Curious what differences people have noted using different stones other than quartz as their pendulum weight: for instance amethyst, white smokey quartz, or black quartz and how the stones affect the readings? Just a study thought....
Ive gotten out of the habit of using a pendulum but I do agree that they seem to almost have a personality all their own sometimes. I've made a lot of pendulums in the feild, using nails, sewing needle, necklace, ring, etc. I appreciate your post as I think that it has inspired me to start working with them again.